Wednesday, November 18, 2009

looking at NYC thru my hotel room window






i guess, when you're further away
you tend to see details slightly clearer
you leave the things and people you've
been basking in for awhile
and you gaze upon the skyline
with an eagle's view


and you stay silent, thinking
looking at the yellow taxi that's driving a bit too fast
the tree that's slightly too barren
the sky that isnt as pretty and awe inspiring as you thought it was
the building that actually looks... tired


and you think about your friends back home
you feel slightly too far away
you talk to one special one
and God speaks thru him to you

Lord,
I am sorry for relying too much on other people and their love, and forgetting that You are love. Lord, i realize i cannot live alone, and these friends and family are truly a blessing from You, but i have forgotten that Lord, you above all else, are my truest lover, and my deepest friend, whose love for me is wider and deeper and stronger than any other love.


Help me to each day, before seeking my friends and loved ones, seek You, wanting to spend time with You, in pure adoration of Your goodness and kindness and gracia to me. Help me Lord, also, to fuel myself with Your divine love, and not the love of people.


Help me then to love others with Your love. I praise You for You work in the most wondrous ways. Will You take away negative feelings and replace them with wisdom in action.


In Your Blessed Name i pray
Amen



'I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

'As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

'You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.'

John 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home